Ottoman Turkish Dibek Coffee
Dibek Coffee is a coffee-grinding method. The roasted coffee beans crushed with unique stones directly in a big, wooden cup. The coffee seeds ground in the mortar are larger than coffee seeds that ground in a coffee mill.
Dibek Coffee is composed of 8 different ingredients, which are salep, roasted coffee, mastic gum, chocolate, cardamom,
cream, and cardamom, plus three herbs. It is prepared by the grinding method in a stone mortar. The consistency of this coffee is higher, and the color is lighter than Turkish coffee. People can choose flavors such as melon, vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel to change the taste of their coffee.
It is suggested to drink Dibek coffee after eating a meal because it helps the digestion process.
Benefits of Ottoman Dibek Coffee
- helps with food digestion
- Prevents bad breath
- Reduces cholesterol
- fights against Parkinson’s diseases
Ottoman Dibek Coffee Ingredient
Initially, the Maya civilization of Central America began to use Cocoa. It became very famous as health-promoting medicine in Europe in the 16th century. After crushing cocoa beans and removing the cocoa butter, cocoa powder is ready to be made. Cocoa is used mostly for chocolate production, but adding it to coffee creates an incredible combination. It will not only make your coffee enjoyable but will also be beneficial for your health.
Benefits of Cocoa
- Contains potassium, the most useful element that fights against stress
- Antioxidants found in cocoa play the most crucial role in fighting against cancer, and it includes three times more antioxidants than green tea.
- Contains a rich source of calcium that promotes the formation of healthy bones
- It includes a large amount of copper that helps the body absorb iron, and it is beneficial to the skin, veins, and tissues.
- Relaxes the muscles of the internal organs in the body and prevents the blockages of the vessels
- Provides vitality and alertness
- Improves blood flow to your brain and improves brain function
- Antibacterial and immune-stimulating properties may benefit your teeth and skin.
Mastic gum is a type of sticky substance called resin, which specifically obtained from the trunk and stems of an evergreen shrub. This shrub found on an island of the Greek archipelago. Traditionally, mastic gum has been used for thousands of years in the Mediterranean as a natural remedy for wound healing, pain relief, and various gut disorders.
Benefits of Mastic Gum
- Protects against stomach problems
- Fights infertility
- Helps patients with asthma
- Removes bacteria from your mouth
- If consumed 20 – 30 minutes before eating, it prevents stomach burns that are caused by gastritis disease.
- Helps with indigestion
- Fights against microbes
- May help with diabetes
- May reduce the risk of heart disease.
Carob is a fruit of the carob tree. It carries pulp and seeds inside and looks like a dark brown pea pod.
It is a healthy and sweet substitute for chocolate, and people can eat it fresh or dried.
Benefits of Carob;
- Contains antioxidants
- No caffeine or gluten
- Has a lot of fiber, and low amounts of fat and sugar
- Has twice the amount of calcium than cocoa
- Free of a migraine-triggering compound
- Is high in fiber, pectin, protein and some minerals such as potassium, magnesium, selenium, calcium, and zinc
Salep is flour or starch that prepared from dried tubes of various Orchids. Salep contains a mucus-like substance that
may help soothe the digestive tract.
Benefits of Salep
- Helps digestion problems
- Aids in curing Diarrhea
- Promotes young and healthy skin
- Reduces stress and neural pain
- Is used to treat coughs and colds
Cardamom is a spice with an intense, slightly sweet flavor that originated in India but is available worldwide today and used in
Both sweet and savory recipes. The seeds, oils, and extracts of cardamom are thought to have impressive medicinal properties and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
Benefits of Cardamom
- Helps with digestive problems, including ulcers
- Treats bad breath and prevents cavities
- Lowers blood sugar levels and cholesterol
- The extract may decrease elevated liver enzymes, triglyceride, and cholesterol levels.
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Boosts antioxidant activity
- Cardamom is antibacterial and antifungal.